Forks Brethren In Christ Church is seeking applicants for the newly created Director of Worship Ministries position. This position will oversee and provide leadership to the various worship, creative arts and technical teams. Five Forks has both traditional and contemporary services led by volunteers. Sunday morning attendance is 700+. The candidate will have the ability to skillfully lead in corporate worship with voice and instrument. Ability to recruit, train, and work with other musicians and volunteers. Has an understanding of music theory, traditional and contemporary worship methods, instrumental/band dynamics including voice blending and arrangements. Has a base level understanding of digital sound systems. Has knowledge of and appreciation for creative arts in a worship setting.
Interested candidates will submit the following by December 16, 2016 to WD@FFBIC.ORG.
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, with a cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3) references who have at least twelve (12) months first-hand knowledge of your experience as a Worship Leader/Pastor
- Electronic attachment of you leading worship (video link(s) preferred).
- If applicable, please include links to music (Christian or secular) that you have written and/or composed.
If we have further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and a request for additional information.
Position Title – Director of Worship Ministries
Position Objective – To provide leadership to all aspects of the Worship Arts Ministries
- Cast and communicate a vision of corporate worship in all age categories – Children, Youth and Adults – to the congregation – which promotes the mission of Five Forks Church.
- Assemble and lead a team/teams composed of those gifted in the area of worship leading ministry.
- Oversee band schedule and provide leadership to weekly rehearsals.
- Define and implement the necessary steps that will move the congregation towards the vision of corporate worship.
- Oversee special programs deemed valuable to enhancing the Worship Arts Ministry.
- Provide education/training for the worship leading team members to enhance the use of their gifts.
- Provide training to members of the youth group who have skill, desire and a passion to lead worship.
- Incorporate various worship styles in the Worship Arts Ministry.
- Maintain a familiarity with current Worship Arts Ministry trends that will enhance the mission of Five Forks Church.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the various Worship and Creative Arts teams (e.g. worship teams, drama teams, choirs, ensembles, etc.) and technical teams (sound, video, lighting, décor, etc.).
- Expectation of 45-55 hours per week in ministry related activities (flexible work schedule).
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the mission, Vision, and worship philosophy of Five Forks.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship ministry leader. i.e. Significant experience.
- Training/education in Worship Arts Ministry; preferably a four year music/worship degree.
- A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- A skilled musician. (Play guitar or piano, lead vocalist, create new music arrangements, etc.)
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a large church in worship.
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Power Point, ProPresenter, and video projection etc.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate, lead, and engage with the congregation and volunteers from a stage setting; frequently leads corporate worship from the stage.
- Ability to think theologically for choosing/arranging/writing music that accurately reflects the teachings of Scripture.